Maintenance & continuous improvement | Nobian
Scope of work
Since the maintenance outsourcing Stork is the provider of technical services at Nobian in Farmsum (former Nouryon and AkzoNobel). In the new contract, both parties agreed on a KPI measure for the realization of an annual productivity improvement of 2% on the OPEX spending of the client. The aim of this KPI is to reduce the joint costs, improve services, work more efficiently and continuously improve our cooperation.
As a solution to this challenge, we set up joint project teams to deal with selected annual topics. Besides we also implement smart and proactive innovations on the Stork side. The savings are demonstrated through business cases.
According to the contract Stork provides maintenance, turnarounds and project services related to (list is not exhaustive): Mechanical, Valves, Rotating, Lubrication, Diagnostics, NDO, Static services, Plastic piping, Calibration, On-site Machinery, Electrical & Instrumentation, Project and TA management, Engineering, Equipment Care, Consignation shifts.
For Nobian the service provision and the new KPI's lead to:
- Reliable services by a professional partner
- One single point of contact for the whole Stork package
- Embedding of service provider in the customer organization
- Delivery assurance
- Continuous improvement in costs, quality, lead times and cooperation.
“Stork delivers added value, constantly thinks along without being asked for it and acts quickly when circumstances require.”
Max Bodenstaff – contract manager at Nobian
- Project: Technical Services Purchase Agreement Maintenance
- Client: Nobian
- Name of Facility: Nobian SALT, Nobian Delesto , Nobian MEB
- Type of Facility: Salt & chloride production, CHP
- Industry: Petrochemical
- Site Location: Chemiepark Delfzijl
- Duration: 5 years + 2 years optional
- Manhours: 120,000 yearly
- Contract value: €x mio annually
- Contract type: Reimbursable and Fixed price.
- Role Stork: Integrated Service Partner