Shell Sakhalin Natural Gas Plant
Commissioned by Shell, Stork Technical Services prefabricated piping and skids for the Sakhalin-2 project. This project consisted the build of a natural gas plant on the Sakhalin Island in the Russian Far East. The project scope consisted of piping prefabrication and skid construction, including painting and non destructive examination. The scope also included the loading of skids for airway transportation. Therefore the work needed to be divided in lots, having each their specific schedule and delivery date.
The whole project management was performed by the regular shop management with integrated welding engineering and quality control. The PRINCE system was fully implemented for the follow-up of material availability and traceability, non destructive examination, packaging and loading. Adjacent to the ping prefabrication shop, a skid loading area was installed in order to ensure a smooth work and logistics flow.
RESULTS & BENEFITS
- Predictable project execution
- High quality piping and skid prefabrication
- Complete traceability of all prefabricated materials
- Succesful completion of all scheduled milestones
- 35.000 welding inches
- approx. 3000 pipespools, 3 to 6 inch
- Range of materials: Low temperature steel, stainless steel & Duplex
- Range of welding processes: Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Flux Cored Arc Welding
Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd. (Sakhalin Energy) is the operator of the Sakhalin-2 project under a Production Sharing Agreement with the Russian Federation. The company was formed in 1994 to develop the PiltunAstokhskoye oil field and the Lunskoye gas field in the Sea of Okhotsk offshore Sakhalin Island in the Russian Far East.