The panel mounting, P256 Automatic, 6 Channel programmer / controller has been developed for use in conjunction with Stork’s Transformer Units, providing automatic temperature process control for up to six Transformer Unit output channels.
The P256 unit can operate temperatures both manually and automatically, depending on user requirements. In automatic mode, the channel controller will ensure that the control zone temperature closely follows the temperature rise, hold and fall period parameters programmed by the operator.
Programming and operation of the unit is kept uncomplicated and user friendly through the incorporation of microprocessor controlled programming, push-button operation and LCD display. The LCD display provides visual indication of the running heat treatment program status and control zone output. In addition, individual neon lights indicate when a control zone contactor is energised.
The ‘Reversed Thermocouple Cut-out’ feature ensures the 6
Channel programmer / controller automatically cuts out the heater power when any control zone thermocouple input indicates a temperature below -40°C. This temperature level could indicate a reversed thermocouple fault condition which would compromise the integrity of the heat treatment process.
• Sensors: Type K thermocouple to BS EN 60584-1 (others by special order)
• Units: ˚C or ˚F
• Resolution: Measurement 0.1 degree, Display 1.0 degree
• Sampling: Every 0.735 seconds
• Break detection: Up scale
• Prop band: 10 ˚C (18 ˚F)
• TP cycle time: 20 seconds
• Hold band: 1, 2 or 3 times prop band
• Hold type: Below only or above and below
Each controller has the following independent parameters:
• Set point type: Manual or automatic
• Manual set point: 0 – 1200˚C (2000˚F) in 1 degree increments
• Auto s/p trim: +/- 50˚C (+/- 90˚F) in 1 degree increments
• Auto s/p clamp: 0 - 1200˚C (2000˚F) in 1 degree increments
• Heating rate: 1 (step) to 1000˚C per hour in 1 degree increments
• Soak temperature: 0 to 1200˚C (2000˚F) in 1 degree increments
• Soak time: 0 to 100 hours in 0.1 increments
• Cooling rate: 0 (step) to 1000˚C per hour in 1 degree increments
• End temperature: 0 to 1200˚C (2000˚F) in 1 degree increments
• Hold model: Ramps only or ramps and dwell