Health, Safety and Environmental Policy Statement
Stork, a Fluor company, is committed to ensuring that we protect the health and safety of our personnel, of our contractors and of all others who could be affected by our activities. We are also committed to minimize the environmental impact when conducting our business.
Our HSE program REACH Beyond Zero will help us to achieve this goal.
REACH Beyond Zero is our HSE vision, to activate and engage all Stork employees to challenge themselves, to think and do more to improve our HSE culture and performance. As an organization we REACH beyond Zero by functioning as one team, with shared values, driving action to transform our HSE culture and performance. We work to high standards of practice through the adoption of international codes, standards and best practices where applicable. We endeavor to improve our health, safety and environmental performance through a process of continual improvement.
To deliver this commitment we shall:
- Identify, assess and manage risks to our personnel and contractors and the environment.
- Ensure that our businesses meet applicable health, safety and environmental laws and regulations, exceeding these requirements when we have more stringent internal standards.
- Provide health, safety and environmental training to our personnel and contractors, actively promoting awareness of health, safety and environmental issues.
- Ensure that all personnel are competent to undertake their tasks.
- Foster a culture where all incidents and near misses are reported and investigated and that lessons learnt are shared across the organization.
- Implement controls to protect all personnel involved in our activities.
- Use energy and natural resources efficiently, minimize waste, and reduce emissions and discharges by regularly evaluating our operations.
This health, safety and environmental policy statement requires the full cooperation of all personnel, who must support its successful implementation by taking personal responsibility and building relationships based on the Stork Core Values: Safety, Integrity, Client focus, Teamwork and Excellence.
Personnel must take care of the health and safety of themselves and their colleagues and minimize the impact on the environment by:
- Complying with health, safety and environmental instructions and directives issued by Stork.
- Reporting of incidents and cooperating in the investigation of any incidents that may have, or could have resulted, in injury, property damage or adverse impact to the environment.
- Intervening when they see unsafe situations or unsafe acts.
- Demonstrating REACH Beyond Zero VALUE behaviors at all times.
The President of Stork is responsible for ensuring that the policy is made in accordance with the group principles. The leaders of the business lines are responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented and communicated to all the employees in their respective organizations as well as to contractors and others working on our behalf and that the policy is made available to the public.
The leaders of the business lines are also responsible for compliance with local laws in jurisdictions where their organizations operate and for ensuring that appointed managing directors of (local) legal entities (to the extent those leaders are not acting in that capacity themselves) act in accordance with local laws in this respect.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate.
Taco de Haan
President of Stork
Utrecht, November 2017