Turbo Compressor Repair
Turbo Compressor Repair Services
Stork offers complete maintenance, repair and overhaul for Turbo Compressors. We combine our in-depth compressor knowledge with in-house engineering capability. We are your partner for flexible repair solutions with a short lead-time. In our well-equipped turbomachinery workshops we perform advanced repair methods on your Turbo Compressor.
Types of Repair
Turbo Compressor repairs performed by Stork include;
- Reverse engineering
- Erosion repair by Laser welding
- Rotor and Stator Re-blading
- Rotor inspection & repair
- Component manufacturing / spare parts
- Split surface flatness repair
- Rotor balancing
- Numerical simulation (CFD, FEM)
Coating of compressors
We offer the following coatings for your Turbo Compressor:
- Short term wax coating for protection against corrosion
- Water based coating with a standard corrosion inhibitor on the basis of REDNOX. Mainly used in Air Turbo Compressors
- 2-component cold coatings. Epoxy based coating that doesn’t need to be baked into the surface of the material
- Cold coating containing ceramic elements, baked into surface at operating temp. above 120°C.
- A polymer based coating in an epoxy base material which is baked at 300-500°C. Chemically resistant between a PH of 2 – 14 temperature stable between -100°C and 180°C
- A duroplast based coating that is baked at around 300°C. Chemically resistant between a PH of 1- 13, temperature stabile between -100°C and 230°C
Repair by laser welding
This method will fill up the grooves and create a constant bond between the base material and the welding material. The repair procedure is done with a very low power level, which keeps the base material from getting affected by heat. The power can be this low, because the laser has a very small area where it melts the welding material to the base material.
This repair technique is applied on the following components e.g.
- Inner Casings
- Stuffing Boxes
Turbo Compressor Brands Serviced
As an independent service provider we provide multi-brand MRO services, for example for turbo-compressors of
- Atlas Copco
- HV Turbo
- Ingersoll Rand (Centac)
- Nuovo Pignone (GE)
- Sulzer (Escher Wyss)