Cost-effective and durable subsea composite repairs
Stork AquaWrap is a pre-preg, high-strength composite system used to reinforce and repair piping and infrastructure components in wet or underwater conditions. It halts and encapsulates external corrosion to restore structural integrity
It consists of a high-strength fiberglass substrate that is factory‑impregnated with a moisture-cured urethane (MCU) resin system. Once activated by water, the chemical reaction cure takes about 30 minutes to be dry to touch. Each of the rolls is supplied in a nitrogen-filled, multi-layer Mylar bag, and requires no mixing or resin preparation
The product is available in a range of widths from 2” – 12” and lengths up to 150 ft. to accommodate any pipe sizes. It creates a permanent bond to a variety of materials such as metals, concrete, wood and plastics. When cured, AquaWrap is resistant to fuels, most solvents and chemicals.
Stork AquaWrap contains no VOCs, is odorless and non-flammable, non-toxic, ships non-hazardous and is NSF-certified to ANSI/NSF standard 61 for use with potable water.
The benefits of Stork AquaWrap include:
- Uses a water-activated polyurethane resin
- Simple and easy to use – just ‘rip & wrap’
- Cures in wet conditions and underwater
- Many different widths and lengths
- Excellent toughness – resists cracking
- Heat resistant to 120°C
- 30-minute working time, perfect for long installations
- High strength
- Can be applied over a wide temperature range