Outage of a 50MW Concentrated Solar Plant
Stork performed an overhaul of a 50MW steam turbine generator at a concentrated solar plant in Spain. The complete overhaul was executed under tight COVID-19 restrictions, and delivered 4 days ahead of the planned schedule.
- Perform a steam turbine outage with critical planning of maximum 45 days during COVID-19, with complete on-site execution.
- Stork partnered with the client from start to end. As the main contractor Stork was responsible for full outage preparation, execution and commissioning.
- Implementing Stork’s proven outage project approach.
- Risk-based approach enabled the team to proactively steer on risks and implement mitigating actions.
- Safe and high-quality delivery
- Single point of contact for complete outage scope
- Project delivered 4 days ahead of planned schedule
|Project||Major Overhaul Steam Turbine Generator 50MW|
|Name of facility||Palma 1|
|Type of facility||Thermal Solar Power|
|Site location||Palma del Rio, Spain|
|Duration||Outage 6 weeks, preparation 3 months|
|Contract type||Lumpsum (full-scope major overhaul)|
- Turnaround/Outage Management (turnkey)
- Commissioning & technical consultancy
- Major Overhaul LP & HP turbines incl. valves
- Disassembly and assembly of all equipment
- Inspection of Generator
- Inspection of Gearbox
- Electrical & Instrumentation
- Reverse engineering & fabrication of spare parts
- On-site balancing