Fast repair of propulsion gearbox after major breakdown
Our customer suffered from a major breakdown on the port gearbox. The casing had cracked and the internals were damaged. Stork Gears & Services repaired the casing, regrinded the bull gear and output shaft and manufactured a new oversized pinion and journals, all under DNV classification.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Full (NDT) inspection of the gearbox and reporting
- Manufacture of oversized pinion and regrinding of bull gear and output shaft
- Manufacture of oversized journal bearings
- Repair of cracks in casing
- Assembly and testrun prior to installation
- Installation supervision & seatrials
We could offer quick repair of the gearbox under DNV classification. This was both cheaper and faster than replacement of the gearbox. Our customer is sailing trouble free for more than a year now. Total repair time was 14 weeks from inspection to seatrials.
|Location||Sharjah - United Arab Emirates|
|Market segment||Offshore supply vessel operator|
Lohmann & Stolterfolt GUC 630