Change maintenance management - Sonac
- The maintenance team was not performing to its full potential.
- The maintenance and operations department were not cooperating optimally.
- Several key maintenance staff members were close to their retirement.
- Need for improvement of efficiency and effectiveness of the maintenance team.
- Improve the cooperation of the maintenance and the operations department.
- Capture the knowledge of retiring key maintenance staff
Stork Asset Management Consultancy performed a comprehensive maintenance audit followed by the implementation of process and organizational changes aiming for increased cooperation, efficiency and effectiveness. A change management process in which Stork explicated the tacit knowledge and the intellectual capital of the ageing Sonac maintenance team.
- Reduction of 10 FTE’s without redundancies
- Reduction of work orders
- Increased control of work orders
- Change from reactive into improvement orientated maintenance team
- Knowledge transfer within the maintenance team Increased joy and satisfaction of work (e.g. significantly reduced sick leave)
“..we are now able to execute best-in-class maintenance with less FTE's in a more structured and pleasant way.."
Mr. Thomas Versterre (Managing Director Sonac)