Under Deck Cladding Repair
Offshore wind farm
The overall project goal was to replace multiple steel cladding panels, located on the under deck of a Satellite Platform. Further to this, the fastenings across the remaining panels were to be replaced to ensure their long-term integrity. Stork was contracted by a major North Sea Operator to undertake repairs to the existing under deck cladding (stainless steel). This included the replacement of pop rivets and missing stainless steel sheets.
Stork’s project team, in coordination with our specialist access team, worked with Span Access Solutions ltd to provide a cost efficient, specialist access system required to carry out the workscope. QuikDeck was selected as the best solution. Span Access Solution’s surveyor mobilised offshore to:
• Identify the access and egress points.
• Carry out a risk assessment.
• Create lifting plans and plot plans for storage containers
Installation of QuikDeck was agreed and carried out in a phased process. The total under deck area for Span Access Solution installation and cladding repair was approximately 490m2. Once QuikDeck was installed, Stork’s skilled technicians carried out cladding repairs on 4 Insulators, which included:
• Removal of damaged carbon.
• New holes being drilled out to install stainless steel rivets.
• Installations of stainless steel sheets.
• Application mastic sealant to the edges
As a result of Stork’s efficient and safe delivery of the scope, we provided the client with:
• A custom service, identifying the best methods for our client’s project
• Delivering the workscope on time and within budget
• Reduction in access costs and time through utilisation of QuikDeck