Operations & Maintenance at gas-fired generation centers | Ecopetrol
SCOPE OF WORK
MASA and Stork are in charge for long-term operations and maintenance contracts for gas generation centers at two oil fields of Ecopetrol S.A. in Colombia, Tello and Dina field, for the period 2006 to 2023.
Dina Gas Plant
Through a series of processes tailored to the field characteristics and potentialities, up to 10MSCFD (millions of standard cubic feet per day) are received to convert them into natural gas pipeline type, simultaneously extracting LPG and naphtha stabilized at commercial conditions. After 10 years of successful operation, the facility was transferred and continues to deliver benefits to the client.
Dina (DGC) and Tello (TGC) Generation centers
We have 36MW installed in two own generation centers with gas motor-generators, to transform associated or treated natural gas in electric energy to the client in parallel mode, isolated, or even starting in black.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: The associated gas, considered a residue of crude oil production, now generates much of the electrical energy to sustain the field.
- PRODUCTIVITY: Reduces dependence on electrical energy from external sources, reducing unscheduled shutdowns, improving availability, reliability and stability which means reducing losses. It has even reduced the load on the local network operator, and allows him, if necessary, to export surpluses to the network. On the other hand, delivering products such as LPG and naphtha from a "residual" gas allows the customer to generate additional revenue.
- SUSTAINABLE SAVINGS: The client pays a rate per kWh that includes all the service, and ends up being cheaper than the average network rate at the application point. This is achieved through the application of modern resource management techniques and maintenance and asset management models, as well as ongoing Stork communication with the customer and other interested parties.
- ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY: With the application of high efficiency technologies, good environmental practices and appropriate O&M strategies within an integrated management system, there is a clean and environmentally friendly process.
- FACILITY: The model of total outsourcing of service allows the client to focus on its business, while having an ally that responsibly and coordinated takes care of the entire life of the asset and the risk associated with its ownership and management. In addition, remuneration based on a production fee that encompasses all activities, and monitoring through key indicators, simplifies its administration.
|Facility type:||Gas generation center|
|Industry:||Oil & Gas|
|Location:||Dina Field, Aipe, Huila / Tello Field, Neiva, Huila|
|Duration:||15 years / 9 years / 6 years|
|Man-hours:||130.000 MH/Year O&M|
|Contract type:||Built own operate maintain – produced unit rate|
|Major subcontractors:||General Electric Jenbacher|
|Equipment included:||Generation center with motor-generating units, auxiliary systems, common systems, substations|
|Equipment size:||Capacity 15MW installed modular expandable / Installed capacity 21MW modular|